Is an Online Will suitable for me?
This site is suitable for anyone whose affairs are relatively straightforward, and who wishes to produce their own legally binding Will at a competitive price. It is not appropriate, however, if you need advice of a specific nature regarding your affairs or for the purposes of tax planning.
Additionally, the site should only be used by adults with testamentary capacity who are resident in the UK, and whose assets are based solely in England and Wales. If any of the following apply, then we would strongly recommend that you seek professional help from your own solicitor or a member of our team:
- Your circumstances are more complex or out of the ordinary (even if only slightly)
- You require help or guidance on any particular aspect of your proposed Will
- Your Estate is likely to exceed the current tax threshold for Inheritance Tax purposes (currently £325,000 per individual)
As a person’s circumstances will inevitably change over time, we appreciate that different models of Will are likely to be appropriate, depending on your age and personal requirements. Therefore, when you enter the site, you will be asked to choose the most appropriate type of Will for your particular circumstances from the following five models:
- A single person
- A couple without children
- A couple with children under 18
- A couple with older children
- A widow or widower